Due to its central location in South America, it is sometimes referred to as Corazon de America. Its capital, Asuncion, became the center of a Spanish colonial province as well as the primary site of Jesuit missions in South America in the 18th century. Today it faces great tensions between the landless and the land owners.
Sorrowful Mysteries: Intentions for Paraguay
1. That society find the courage to oppose corruption.
2. That the nation may heal from decades of war and bad government.
3. That the government address health risks posed by waste disposal.
4. That peace and order may be restored in the border regions.
5. That government succeed in eradicating production of cannabis.