Romanians trace their roots to Latin-speaking Romans. During World War II, Jews were subject to harsh persecution, and now number less than 10,000. Poetry and the theater play an important role in contemporary Romanian life. The Orthodox monasteries and the Transylvanian Churches are repositories of artistic treasures.
Sorrowful Mysteries: Intentions for Romania
1. For continued progress in judicial reform to combat corruption.
2. For resources to complete the land cadastre in Romania which will enable the development of agricultural lands.
3. For police to deal firmly with the buying and selling of slaves.
4. For victims of human trafficking to be successfully reintegrated.
5. For humane treatment of minorities.