The assassination of the Austrian Archduke by a Serb triggered World War I. Serbian communists led by Marshall Tito ruled political life in the former Yugoslavia. The Former Bosnian Serb leader Radovan Karadzic is now standing trial for war crimes.
Sorrowful Mysteries: Intentions for Serbia
1. That men responsible for war crimes be brought to justice.
2. That extremism may be countered by respect and tolerance.
3. For peace and stability in the region.
4. For responsible extraction of natural resources.
5. For success in meeting the fiscal targets imposed by the IMF.