Spain was the most powerful nation in the 16th century. It controlled a vast overseas empire until the 19th century. Today, the government is involved in a campaign against ETA, a Basque organization dedicated to promoting independence.
Sorrowful Mysteries: Intentions for Spain
1. For peace in the Basque region.
2. For government to succeed in meeting its fiscal targets.
3. For communities to create opportunities for the unemployed.
4. For Spanish foreign policy to remain true to the promotion of democracy.
5. For continued cooperation and investment in Latin America.